I love a warm muffin on a cold winter day, it’s so comforting. But most of the muffins you buy in the store are loaded with preservatives, white sugar, and other ingredients you can’t even pronounce. Which is why I always make my own muffins at home. I was so happy to receive this Healthy Blueberry Muffin recipe from a friend! I’ve been making them ever since.
These Healthy Blueberry Muffins are so moist and delicious! And of course, they are made with healthy ingredients like:
- coconut oil
- raw honey for sweetener
- Greek yogurt
As soon as I pulled these blueberry muffins out of the oven for the first time, my boys were all over them! “Can I have one mom?” “I want one for a snack mom!” These muffins are perfect for your kids’ lunchbox too.
There you go! At under 200 calories per muffin, some added protein, and a hint of orange flavor, you have another healthy snack idea that you can enjoy at home with a warm cup of tea, or on the road when you don’t have to time to stop for a snack. Here’s the recipe, enjoy!
Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1/3 cup raw honey (melted)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cup Greek yogurt (non-fat, plain)
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flour (unbleached, all-purpose)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1-1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cups. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, melt the honey and coconut oil in the microwave on low. Once melted, remove from microwave and add eggs, yogurt, vanilla, and orange zest. Whisk together
- In a large bowl, combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in blueberries
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 20 – 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean
Idea: You can also make these with mixed-berries or as mini-muffins!