You can access hundreds of delicious, healthy recipes through the Noom Coach app including this favorite for tomato corn chowder.
It has a rich texture but is still light and healthy. In fact, it’s listed as 97% green on the Noom app! It’s great on a chilly evening, or in the Summer to use your fresh tomatoes and corn. Here’s a Noom signup deal (view all) plus the recipe for corn and tomato chowder:
Noom tomato corn chowder Recipe:
Corn & Tomato Chowder
- 1 tsp butter unsalted
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups boiled potatoes peeled, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chicken broth reduced-sodium
- 1 1/2 cups canned diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 1 1/2 cups milk nonfat
- black pepper freshly ground
- Lightly spray a 4-5 quart non-stick pot with cooking spray. Add the butter and place over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Add the celery and potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes
- Add the bay leaf and broth and bring to a boil. Cover the pot and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes
- Remove the bay leaf, puree 2 cups in a blender or food processor, and return to the pot
- Stir in the tomatoes, corn, and milk. Return the soup to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in a few grindings of the black pepper. Garnish with parsley.
Nutritional info here