Noom and MyFitnessPal are both popular weight loss and fitness tracking apps that can help people achieve their health and wellness goals.
While Noom and MyFitnessPal are similar in some ways, they have some key differences including personal coaching and cost that may make one a better fit for you than the other.
Let’s compare the two wellness apps to better decide which diet is best for your needs and budget.
Noom is a user-friendly weight loss program accessible through a mobile app. It stands out for its holistic approach, combining food tracking, exercise logging, coaching, and a supportive community.
What sets Noom apart is its emphasis on behavioral psychology, helping users understand and change their habits for long-term success. It’s a great choice for people seeking sustainable lifestyle changes and improved well-being, rather than quick fixes.
Take a free quiz to assess your situation and weight loss goals then start free.
MyFitnessPal is a popular and user-friendly fitness and nutrition app. It helps you track your daily food intake, exercise routines, and weight management goals. The app boasts a vast food database, making it easy to log meals and monitor your calorie intake.
It also provides insights into your nutrition, helping you make healthier choices. MyFitnessPal is an excellent tool for those looking to achieve fitness goals, manage their weight, or simply maintain a healthier lifestyle through easy-to-use tracking and personalized recommendations. Learn more at MyFitnessPal.com
MyFitnessPal and Noom are both popular weight loss programs, so let’s compare them to decide which might be better for you.
5 Differences Between Noom & MyFitnessPal:
How are Noom and MyFitnessPal different? Here are 5 things to consider:
1. Psychological Approach:
- Noom: Noom incorporates psychology and behavioral coaching into its program. It helps users understand their eating habits and provides strategies for sustainable behavior change.
- MyFitnessPal: MyFitnessPal primarily focuses on tracking calories, exercise, and nutrition without the psychological and coaching elements.
2. Coaching and Support:
- Noom: Noom offers personalized coaching and access to a supportive community for motivation and accountability.
- MyFitnessPal: While it has a social aspect, MyFitnessPal doesn’t provide personalized coaching or a structured support system.
3. Food Tracking:
- Noom: Noom includes food tracking but also emphasizes food quality and encourages users to make healthier choices.
- MyFitnessPal: MyFitnessPal excels at calorie tracking and offers a vast database of foods for accurate logging.
4. Behavioral Change:
- Noom: Noom’s program aims to instill long-lasting behavioral changes, focusing on developing a healthier relationship with food and lifestyle habits.
- MyFitnessPal: MyFitnessPal is more oriented toward tracking and managing immediate fitness and nutrition goals.
5. Program Cost:
- Noom: Noom requires a subscription fee of about $40 per month for access to its full program, including coaching and content.
- MyFitnessPal: Unlike Noom, MyFitnessPal offers a free version with basic tracking features, while a premium version with additional features is available from $79.99 per year.
Your choice between Noom and MyFitnessPal will depend on your specific goals and preferences, whether you’re looking for the comprehensive behavior change support of Noom or straightforward tracking capabilities with MyFitnessPal.
Which Program Is Better?
As you can see, both Noom and MyFitnessPal get similar ratings on the App Store. It’s hard to say whether Noom or MyFitnessPal is better because it depends mostly on your personality and weight loss goals.
Do you prefer an independent DIY approach when trying to reach a goal?
If so, then the free version of MyFitnessPal might be all you need. However, if the support and guidance from personal coaching sounds appealing, then consider Noom. Here’s an overview of who might prefer one program or the other.
• Who Might Prefer MyFitnessPal?
If you’re someone who’s primarily focused on monitoring your calorie intake, tracking exercise, and managing fitness goals without the added layers of behavioral coaching and psychology, then MyFitnessPal might be the better choice for you.
MyFitnessPal excels in providing a straightforward platform for these purposes, with an extensive food database and excellent tracking features.
MyFitnessPal is ideal for frugal individuals who prefer a no-frills approach and don’t require the psychological and behavioral aspects of a program like Noom to achieve their health and fitness goals.
• Who Might Like Noom Better?
If you’re looking for more than just calorie counting and exercise tracking and want a holistic approach to your health and wellness, Noom could be the better fit. Noom offers personalized coaching and a supportive community and focuses on the psychology of eating and behavior change.
Noom is great for those seeking to understand and transform their relationship with food while achieving fitness goals. If you’re interested in addressing the emotional and psychological aspects of your health journey, Noom provides a comprehensive approach that goes well beyond mere tracking like MyFitnessPal.
I tried Noom and really liked the personal attention, tools, and extra support so I’m happy to recommend it. However, no single diet is best for everyone.
Thanks for stopping by Wonky Pie!