Noom and MyFitnessPal are both popular weight loss and fitness tracking apps that can help people achieve their health and wellness goals.
While Noom and MyFitnessPal are similar in some ways, they have some key differences including personal coaching and cost that may make one a better fit for you than the other.
Let’s compare the two wellness apps to better decide which diet is best for your needs and budget.
Compare Noom & MyFitnessPal:
Before comparing Noom and MyFitnessPal, let’s learn a little bit about them.
Take a free quiz to assess your situation and weight loss goals then start free.
• My FitnessPal:
Learn more at MyFitnessPal.com
It’s not a mistake that MyFitnessPal and Noom are incredibly popular as they are both great weight loss programs. Let’s look at how they are alike and what makes them different to decide which app is better for you.
Noom vs. MyFitnessPal: Similarities
How are Noom and MyFitnessPal similar?
- Food and exercise tracking: Both Noom and MyFitnessPal allow users to track their food intake and exercise, which is one of the key features of these apps. They both have large databases of foods and allow users to easily track their calorie intake and exercise, as well as monitor nutrient intake.
- Goal setting: Both Noom and MyFitnessPal allow users to set weight loss goals and track their progress toward those goals. This feature can help users stay motivated and on track as they work towards their weight loss goals.
- Nutritional information: Both apps provide nutritional information for the foods that are tracked by users. With this information, users can better understand the nutrient content of the foods they are eating, and make more informed choices about their diet.
- User-friendly interface: Both MyFitnessPal and Noom are designed to be user-friendly, making it easy for users to track their food and exercise, set goals, and monitor their progress.
- Community support: Both Noom and MyFitnessPal also have a community support aspect where users can share their progress, connect with other users or join challenges to increase their engagement and motivation.
MyFitnessPal vs. Noom: Differences
How are Noom and MyFitnessPal different?
- Personalized coaching: The main difference between Noom and MyFitnessPal is that Noom provides personalized coaching as part of its program, while MyFitnessPal is simply an app for tracking food and exercise. The Noom app provides a human coach to the users to help them with setting goals, nutrition education, and providing feedback, which MyFitnessPal doesn’t have.
- Focus on behavior change: Another difference between the two apps is that Noom has a greater focus on helping users change their behavior in order to achieve their weight loss goals. Noom uses a combination of tracking, goal setting, and behavioral coaching, as well as education and support to help users make sustainable lifestyle changes. MyFitnessPal, on the other hand, is mainly focused on tracking food and exercise.
- Cost: One of the most important differences between the two weight loss apps is the cost. MyFitnessPal is a free app with a premium version that costs about $10 per month, while Noom is a paid program costing about $40 per month. The Noom program is designed with more advanced features and personal coaching. This coaching requires that Noom employ hundreds of trained professional wellness coaches at significant expense. While there is no free version of Noom, you can try it at no cost for 14 days before being billed.
Noom or MyFitnessPal: Which Is Better?
Both Noom and MyFitnessPal are effective tools for weight loss and fitness tracking. However, when it comes to MyFitnessPal vs. Noom the winner may depend on your specific needs, preferences, and monthly budget.
Do you enjoy the support and motivation from a personal trainer at the gym?
If you’re looking for a more comprehensive and supportive program with personalized coaching, recipes, tracking, and additional features, Noom may be a better choice. It provides not just an app, but also a human coach to work with. Noom uses a combination of tracking, goal setting, behavioral coaching, and education and support to help users make sustainable lifestyle changes.
Do you prefer to go it alone approach when trying to reach a goal?
If you’re looking for a free and simple DIY option for tracking food and exercise, MyFitnessPal is a great choice. It provides a large database of foods and allows users to easily track their calorie intake and exercise, and it also provides a community support aspect where users can share their progress, connect with other users or join challenges to increase their engagement and motivation.
You get what you pay for.
Ultimately, both apps can be effective for weight loss and fitness tracking. Whether Noom is better than MyFitnessPal really comes down to your goals, support preferences, and budget. You could say that when it comes to MyFitnessPal vs. Noom you are the winner because you have a great free option plus a paid one with more support and features.
Thanks for stopping by Wonky Pie!