The Noom weight loss zone is a personalized calorie range that is calculated based on your age, height, current weight, gender identity, and basic activity level. It is designed to help you lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way.
To lose weight, you need to create a calorie deficit, which means eating fewer calories than you burn. The Noom weight loss zone helps you do this by giving you a range of calories that you can eat each day. You can eat more calories at the higher end of the range and fewer calories at the lower end of the range.
Eating closer to the lower end of the weight loss zone typically leads to greater weight loss (about 2 pounds or ~1 kilogram lost per week), while eating at the higher end of the weight loss zone typically leads to a more moderate weight loss (about 0.5 pounds or ~0.25 kilogram lost per week).
The Noom weight loss zone is not a one-size-fits-all approach. Your calorie range may change over time as you lose weight and your activity level increases. Noom will adjust your calorie range as needed to help you reach your weight loss goals.
In addition to providing you with a calorie range, Noom also teaches you about healthy eating habits and helps you change your relationship with food. This holistic approach to weight loss is what makes Noom different from other weight loss programs.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about the Noom weight loss zone:
- The weight loss zone is just a starting point. You may need to adjust it up or down depending on your individual results.
- It is important to eat a variety of healthy foods from all food groups. This will help you get the nutrients you need and stay satisfied.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. This will help you feel full and flush out toxins.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help from your Noom coach or other members of the Noom community. They can offer support and guidance as you work towards your weight loss goals.
How to Change Your Weight Loss Zone to a Calorie-Specific Target:
To change your Noom weight loss zone to a calorie-specific target, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Noom app.
- Tap the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to Manual calorie adjustment.
- Tap the Manual calorie adjustment bar to open up the slider bar.
- Slide your finger left or right across the slider bar to adjust your calorie target.
- Tap the circle with the selected calories to save the adjustment.
Here are some things to keep in mind when changing your calorie target:
- You should not change your calorie target too drastically. A good rule of thumb is to change it by no more than 100 calories at a time.
- If you are new to Noom, it is best to start with the default weight loss zone and adjust it as needed.
- It is important to listen to your body and adjust your calorie target as needed. If you are feeling hungry or tired, you may need to increase your calorie target.
- If you are working out regularly, you may need to increase your calorie target.
If you are unsure how to change your calorie target, you can always reach out to your Noom coach for help.
If you are looking for a healthy and sustainable way to lose weight, Noom is a good, economical option to consider. The program is backed by science and has helped thousands of people lose weight and keep it off. You can start with a free quiz followed by an offer for a 14-day free trial.