I’m not a fan of pumpkin spice lattes, but I do love cooking with pumpkin in the Autumn. Here’s a simple and flavorful recipe for Roasted pumpkin quinoa salad from Nutrisystem:
Roasted Pumpkin Quinoa Salad: Nutrisystem
- 2 cups pumpkin cubed
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese low fat
- 2 tsp. parsley chopped
- Coat pumpkin in olive oil and cumin
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes
- Place quinoa and 1 ½ cups cold water over high heat and bring to boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed
- Mix together roasted pumpkin and quinoa with all remaining ingredients
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
I really like quinoa salads because they are a healthier alternative to rice and pasta. The combination of pumpkin, lemon, cumin, and feta cheese really gives this quinoa salad a unique flavor.
You can also add some spinach to make this roasted pumpkin quinoa salad recipe even more healthier.
Thanks for stopping by Wonky Pie!