I’m not a fan of pumpkin spice lattes, but I do love cooking with pumpkin in the Autumn. Here’s today’s best Nutrisystem deal plus a simple and flavorful recipe for Roasted pumpkin quinoa salad from Nutrisystem:
Roasted Pumpkin Quinoa Salad Recipe:
Roasted Pumpkin Quinoa Salad: Nutrisystem
- 2 cups pumpkin cubed
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese low fat
- 2 tsp. parsley chopped
- Coat pumpkin in olive oil and cumin
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes
- Place quinoa and 1 ½ cups cold water over high heat and bring to boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed
- Mix together roasted pumpkin and quinoa with all remaining ingredients
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
I really like quinoa salads because they are a healthier alternative to rice and pasta. The combination of pumpkin, lemon, cumin, and feta cheese really gives this quinoa salad a unique flavor.
You can also add some spinach to make this roasted pumpkin quinoa salad recipe even more healthier.
If you don’t like cooking, consider meal delivery from Factor 75!
Thanks for stopping by Wonky Pie!