If you are joining Weight Watchers (aka WW), you might be deciding whether to sign up with the Premium Plan that includes meetings, aka workshops.
Adding Workshops offers more support and accountability which has been shown to increase members’ success rate. However, most people have busy schedules and the idea of going to an in-person meeting with strangers can be intimidating!
“Meetings are a place to come together and get inspired to become the best version of yourself. You’ll be greeted by like-minded people, and although everyone has their own reason to join, you soon find you are not alone.” – Sam Rennie, WW Coach
Here’s today’s featured promotion (view all) plus what you can expect at your first Weight Watchers workshop.
Tips to Prepare for Your First Meeting
- Choose a Meeting Location and Time: Find a meeting that fits your schedule and location preferences. Most meetings are held in the evenings or on weekends to accommodate busy schedules.
- Dress Comfortably: Wear comfortable clothes that make you feel good. You’ll be sitting for a while, so choose something that allows you to relax and focus on the meeting.
- Bring a Water Bottle: Staying hydrated is essential for overall health and weight management. Bring a water bottle to keep yourself refreshed during the meeting.
- Prepare Your Questions or Goals: If you have any specific questions or goals you want to discuss, jot them down beforehand. This will help you remember them and make the most of your time with the Coach.
Arriving at Your FIrst Meeting:
- Say Hello and Check-In: Upon entering the meeting venue, you’ll be greeted by a friendly WW Guide who will guide you through the registration process and help you find a comfortable seat.
- Meeting the Coach: Your WW Coach, the leader of the meeting, will introduce themselves and share their own weight loss journey, creating a sense of relatability and inspiration.
- Program Overview: Your Coach will provide a brief overview of the WeightWatchers program, explaining the core principles, tracking methods, point system, and support resources available to you.
What Happens During a WW Meeting?
There are hundreds of meeting locations across the U.S. and Canada but they are pretty similar. Here’s what happens at a meeting:
- Weigh-In: You have the option to weigh in privately, allowing you to track your progress over time. The only other person who sees your weight is your coach. While monthly weigh-ins are optional they are a helpful metric for reaching your short and long-term weight loss goals.
- Topic Discussion: The Coach will lead an engaging discussion on a specific topic related to weight loss, health, and wellness. This could range from healthy eating tips to stress management strategies.
- Participation Encouraged: Feel free to participate in the discussion as much or as little as you feel comfortable. Sharing your experiences, asking questions, and offering support to fellow members can enhance your journey.
- Setting Goals: Towards the end of the meeting, you’ll have the opportunity to set realistic and achievable goals for the week ahead. Your Coach will provide guidance and support in formulating these goals.
How long are WeightWatchers meetings? Typical WeightWatchers meetings last about 30 minutes but could vary by a few minutes based on group discussion.
What Happens After the Meeting?
- Questions and Support: Your WW Coach will be available to answer any lingering questions you may have and provide ongoing support throughout your weight loss journey.
- Additional Resources: You’ll have access to a variety of resources, including the WW app, website, and online community, to further enhance your experience and stay connected with the WeightWatchers community.
Can you change your meeting location? If you aren’t loving your first meeting it’s easy to switch locations. Just search for another location near you here.
Tips for Successful Weight Watchers Meetings:
WeightWatchers meetings are only as good as what members put into them. It really helps if you approach your first meeting with a positive attitude and open mind. Here are some more tips for a successful first meeting:
- Ask Away: Don’t hesitate to ask questions. Your Coach is there to help you succeed and will gladly address any concerns or inquiries you have.
- Be Patient: Remember that sustainable weight loss and positive lifestyle changes take time. Celebrate your successes along the way and don’t get discouraged if progress isn’t immediate.
- Engage and Connect: Engage in the meetings and connect with fellow members. The more you participate, the more you’ll gain from the experience. It also feels good to support others.
- Embrace the WW Community: The WeightWatchers community is known for its supportive and welcoming atmosphere. At meetings, you’ll find encouragement, camaraderie, and a sense of belonging as you embark on this journey together.
Tip: If you aren’t near a meeting location, you can also attend a workshop virtually.
You Should Consider Trying a Meeting!
Your first Weight Watchers workshop is an opportunity to kickstart your wellness journey and tap into a community that can help you achieve your goals. Over time, you’ll develop new habits, make healthier choices, and find the support you need to lead a happier, healthier life.
Plus, peer support including meetings has been shown to increase success rates. (source)
Tip: If you aren’t totally sold on WW, consider Noom, which has been called “Weight Watchers for Millenials.”
Good luck on your journey to better health and well-being, and thanks for stopping by Wonky Pie!