Points list of popular Weight Watcher foods: If you’re on WW (or thinking about joining?) you know that the SmartPoints system is central to the success of the FreeStyle Program. (How does FreeStyle work?) It’s similar to the old WW point system, “PointsPlus,” but now includes about 200 healthy “free,” zero-point foods including fruits and vegetables.
With WW: Weight Watchers Reimagined, every food is assigned a point value based on four criteria: calories, protein, sugar, and saturated fat. There’s no calorie-counting with WW, and as long as you stay within your daily points budget, you should be losing weight. (It’s just simple math + science!)
Here’s a free list of the most-tracked Weight Watchers foods and their points in alphabetical order. (often listed like: “eggs, scrambled” or “wine, red”)
WW Smart Points List: 99 Most Tracked Foods:
Ever wonder what foods are most commonly tracked on the WW app? We did some research and found what foods people on Weight Watchers track the most, and were pleasantly surprised to see that most of the foods are healthy; many are even on the WW zero point food list!
List of Most-Tracked WW foods and their points:
- Almond milk: (plain, unsweetened, 1 cup) 1 SmartPoint
- Almonds, (1/4 cup, raw or roasted) 4 SmartPoints
- Apple: 0 SmartPoints
- Asparagus: (makes your pee smell!) 0 SmartPoints
- Avocado: (Hass, 1/4) 2 SmartPoints
- Bacon: (cooked, 3 slices) 5 SmartPoints
- Bagel: (any kind, 1 small or 1/2 large, 2 oz.) 5 SmartPoints
- Banana: (Fruit is free!) 0 SmartPoints
- Beef, ground: (90% lean, cooked, 3 oz.) 4 SmartPoints
- Beer: (regular / lager, 12 ounces) 5 SmartPoints
- Black beans: (canned, 1/2 cup) 3 SmartPointsBlackberries: 0 SmartPoints
- Blueberries: 0 Smart Points
- Bread, 1 slice: 2 SmartPoints
- Broccoli: 0 SmartPoints
- Burger: (4 oz. beef patty, no cheese or bun, more) 8 Smart Points
- Butter: (1 tbsp) 5 SmartPoints
- Caesar salad: (3 cups) 10 SmartPoints
- Cantaloupe: 0 SmartPoints
- Carrots: (baby, youth, or adult) 0 SmartPoints
- Celery: 0 SmartPoints
- Cheese, American, 1 slice or 1 ounce: 4 SmartPoints
- Cheese, Cheddar or Colby: (shredded, 1/4 cup) 4 Smart Points
- Cheeseburger: (beef, 3 oz. w/ bun) 12 SmartPoints
- Cherries: 0 SmartPoints
- Chicken breast: (cooked, boneless, skinless, 3 oz.) 2 SmartPoints
- Coffee: (black, no sugar, 1 cup) 0 SmartPoints
- Cookies: (chocolate, chip, oatmeal, sugar) 3 Smart Points
- Corn on the cob: (1 medium) 4 SmartPoints
- Cottage cheese: (fat-free, 1 cup) 2 SmartPoints
- Cream or half & half: (2 tbsp) 2 Smart Points
- Cucumber: 0 SmartPoints
- Deli meat, ham, honey, lean, sliced, 2 oz.: 2 SmartPoints
- Diet Coke, 12 oz. (0 SP)
- Egg white: 0 SmartPoints
- Egg, fried: 3 SmartPoints
- Egg, hardboiled: 2 SmartPoints
- Eggs, scrambled: (w/ milk and butter, 2 or 1/2 cup) 6 SmartPoints
- English muffin: 4 SmartPoints
- Feta cheese: (crumbled, 1 oz) 3 Smart Points
- Fish, tilapia: (fresh, baked, 3 oz.) 1 SmartPoint
- French fries: (20 fries or 6 oz., Yikes!) 13 SmartPoints
- Fruit: (fresh, unsweetened) 0 SmartPoints
- Grapes: 0 Smart Points
- Green beans: 0 SmartPoints
- Guacamole: (2 Tbsp) 1 SmartPoint
- Hamburger bun: (plain, 1-2 oz.) 5 SmartPoints
- Honey: (1 tbsp) 4 SmartPoints
- Hummus: (2 Tbsp) 2 SmartPoints
- Lettuce: (Romaine, iceberg) 0 SmartPoints
- Mayonnaise: (1 Tbsp) 3 Smart Points
- Milk, skim: (non-fat, 1 cup) 3 SmartPoints
- Milk, 1%: (low fat 1 cup) 4 Smart Points
- Milk, 2%: (reduced fat 1 cup) 5 SmartPoints
- Milk, whole: (1 cup) 7 SmartPoints
- Mushrooms: 0 SmartPoints
- Mustard: (1 Tbsp) 0 SmartPoints
- Oatmeal: (cooked, 1 cup) 5 SmartPoints
- Olive oil: (1 Tbsp) 4 SmartPoints
- Onions: 0 SmartPoints
- Orange Juice: 6 SmartPoints
- Orange: 0 SmartPoints
- Pasta: (regular or whole wheat, cooked, 1 cup) 5 SmartPoints
- Peach: 0 SmartPoints
- Peanut butter: (2 tbsp) 6 SmartPoints
- Pear: 0 SmartPoints
- Pineapple: 0 SmartPoints
- Pizza: (slice) That depends… 7-12 SmartPoints
- Pork chop: (3 oz. cooked, lean, boneless) 3 SmartPoints
- Potato, baked: (plain, 1, 6 ounces) 5 Smart Points
- Potatoes, mashed: (1/2 cup) 4 SmartPoints
- Raspberries: 0 SmartPoints
- Red peppers: 0 SmartPoints
- Rice, brown: (cooked, 1 cup) 6 SmartPoints
- Rice, white: (cooked, 1 cup) 6 SmartPoints
- Salad dressing, balsamic: (vinaigrette, low-fat, 1 tbsp) 1 SmartPoint
- Salad dressing, Italian: (not creamy 2 tbsp) 3 SmartPoints
- Salad dressing, Ranch: (2 Tbsp) 5 SmartPoints
- Salad: (mixed greens) 0 Smart Points
- Salmon: (wild-caught) 0 points
- Salsa: (fat-free) 0 SmartPoints
- Shrimp: (cooked, 3 oz.) 1 Smart Point
- Soda: (12 oz., Sprite, similar) 7 Smart Points
- Spinach: 0 SmartPoints
- Strawberries: 0 Smart Points
- Splenda: (1-3 packets) 0 WW points
- Sugar: (white, granulated, 1 tsp) 1 Smart Point
- Sweet Potatoes: (cooked, 1/2 cup) 3 SmartPoints
- Tomatoes: (Regular, grape, cherry) 0 SmartPoints
- Tortilla chips: (1 ounce) 4 Smart Points
- Tortilla, flour: (1 medium or 1 oz.) 3 SmartPoints
- Tuna (canned in water, drained, 3 oz.) 1 SmartPoints
- Tuna (grilled, 3 oz.) 1 Smart Point
- Turkey bacon: (cooked, 3 slices) 3 SmartPoints
- Turkey burger: (3 oz. 93% lean, w/ bun) 9 Smart Points
- Turkey, deli: (sliced, low fat, 2 ounces) 1 SmartPoint
- Watermelon: 0 SmartPoints
- Veggie Burger: (3 oz. no bun or cheese) 1-5 SmartPoints
- Wine, Red: (5 oz) 4 SmartPoints
- Wine, white: (5 ounces) 4 Smart Points
- Yogurt: (plain, low-fat, 1 cup) 3 SmartPoints
- Yogurt, Greek: (plain, fat-free, 1 cup) 0 SmartPoints
- Zucchini: 0 SmartPoints
As you can see from our list of the most tracked foods on the Weight Watchers app, most all fruits and non-starchy vegetables cost you zero points. That’s WW’s way of telling you to eat a plethora of them, and they are a great alternative to bad carbs when you crave something sweet.
This WW points list is just the most popular foods tracked on Weight Watchers, but there are thousands more (including the point values of menu items from popular restaurants) on the app if you’re a member of Weight Watchers:
Meal kits: Did you ever consider a healthy meal delivery service? We have $30+ coupons for Purple Carrot (vegetarian) and Home Chef!
WW Points List: Proteins
Weight Watchers encourages you to eat lots of proteins, but mostly “lean proteins.” That means healthy proteins like lean grilled chicken, pork, and beef will usually only cost you a few points.
Fresh seafood is great for your daily SmartPoints budget with 3 oz. of shrimp, tilapia, tuna steak, and lobster only costing you about 1 point each. Holy mackerel!
There are even zero-point proteins like grilled salmon and egg whites that you should include in your diet.
Now, when you talk about meat with more saturated fat like hot dogs (6 SmartPoints), burgers, bacon, fatty beef cuts, and sausage (8+ SmartPoints), you’re going to have to pony up some points. So, it’s a good idea to look for smart alternatives to these budget-busting proteins.
For example, since bacon costs you 5 points, consider substituting turkey bacon, which is worth 3 Smart Points.
Weight Watchers Points List: Fats & Oil
Did you know that a single tablespoon of butter will cost you 5 SmartPoints? That’s more points than an entire healthy meal or snack!
Fats have a high density of calories, and therefore cost you more points. Surprisingly, on the WW points list, this includes nuts, nut butters, and even avocados. When you have the option, save WW points by choosing a low-fat version of fatty favorites like butter, mayo, cheese, milk, and yogurt. (Choose Greek yogurt)
One of the best substitutions you can make is to get vegetable oil out of your diet and make a habit of using extra-virgin olive oil instead.
Weight Watchers Points List: Sweets & Desserts
There are no forbidden foods on Weight Watchers, but if you want the diet to work consider most sweets to be an occasional treat or reward.
Because a full-size chocolate bar is 12 WW SmartPoints, and a 1/2 cup of ice cream is 7+ points, it makes sense to choose a low-fat option or smaller portion when available.
Worst dessert points-bomb? Probably a piece of iced chocolate cake. At 22+ WW points per slice, it’s not a smart choice unless it’s your birthday.
Also, beware navigating the menu of restaurants like Starbucks, as there are plenty of WW points-pitfalls!
Quick Warning About WW Points in Fast Food (Yikes!)
Think of fast food is a mortal enemy of the Weight Watchers points list. Sure, some restaurants have salads on the menu, but you should consider every trip to a fast food restaurant an indulgence.
*Related: See How McDonalds portion sizes have grown
In case you don’t believe me, consider that a value meal with a burger, fries, and soda can ring up 30+ points quickly. (Maybe that’s why it’s called, “fast food?”) Pizza is another WW points bomb and can also ring up a dizzying number of Smart Points.
Full Weight Watchers Points List?
Are you looking for a full list of SmartPoints values for every food? There isn’t a dependable (free) online list of all of the thousands of foods and drinks that you can track on Weight Watchers because it’s too cumbersome to list and maintain online. The best way to see point values for foods is within the Weight Watchers app, which is a central part of the diet.
We also created a Weight Watchers points calculator to help you estimate both the FreeStyle Smart Points and Points Plus (old system) in any food based on the nutritional facts.
If you’ve already joined WW, then that list is right at your fingertips on your phone once you download the app. If you haven’t joined yet, we have a couple of great WW coupons to save up to 50% when you join!
Thanks for checking out our WW points list for the most-tracked foods!
Last Updated on June 2, 2023 by kevin