Do Seniors Get a Discount at Weight Watchers? While there are currently no WW discounts advertised specifically for seniors or AARP members, you might have access to a special WW membership discount through your online AARP member portal.
We also get exclusive WW membership deals to promote which might be better than any potential senior or AARP discount. These promotions change every few days, and we list the best ones here.
Here’s today’s featured WW discount to join plus more about a potential WeightWatchers AARP or senior discount.
Tip: Weight Watchers cost for seniors are the same as the general public and are outlined here.
Weight Watchers AARP Discount?
Seniors who are AARP members can enjoy several health and wellness discounts. To do so just log in to your AARP account, and choose “Member Benefits.” You’ll get a list of available discounts in areas like travel and health and wellness.
Currently, there is no WW discount available through aarp.org, and it appears that AARP currently has no affiliation with Weight Watchers. However, if you are an AARP member it might be worth checking anyway.
Fun fact about Seniors: There are 8,000 baby boomers in the United States turning 65 years old every day!
Minimum Age for Senior Citizen or AARP Discount?
Currently, AARP is intended for Americans over age 50, but there is no strict minimum. The term, “senior citizen,” is also relative depending on the context.
Generally, the age of 65 is commonly recognized as the entry point into senior citizenship. This is often linked to traditional retirement ages and eligibility for senior-specific benefits like pensions or healthcare services. However, the specific age can differ by organization, specific programs, and discounts, with some considering individuals as seniors at ages 55, 60, or 62.
Tip: It’s important to note that the definition of a senior citizen is not just about age; it also encompasses changes in work status, income, and physical health that typically occur in later life stages.
Why Should Senior Citizens Consider Joining WW?
Staying fit and healthy is even more important as we get older. Here are five reasons why senior citizens might find joining Weight Watchers beneficial:
- Nutritionally Balanced Diet: Weight Watchers emphasizes a balanced diet that’s rich in nutrients, which is crucial for seniors. As metabolism slows with age, it’s important to focus on nutrient-dense foods to maintain energy levels and overall health.
- Community Support: The program offers a strong community aspect, with meetings and group sessions. For seniors, this social interaction can be a great way to combat loneliness and stay motivated in their health journey.
- Customized Plans for Different Needs: Weight Watchers recognizes that everyone’s body and health needs are different. For seniors, who may have specific dietary requirements or health concerns, the program can be tailored to suit these individual needs.
- Focus on Long-term Lifestyle Changes: It’s not just about losing weight; it’s about adopting a healthier lifestyle. This approach is beneficial for seniors looking to make sustainable changes that can improve their overall well-being.
- Exercise Recommendations: Alongside diet, Weight Watchers encourages regular physical activity, which is vital for maintaining muscle mass, bone density, and mobility in older adults. The program can help seniors find suitable exercises for their fitness level.
WW Can Improve Your Health at Any Age
While the specific age to get senior discounts can vary, it’s important to stay healthy and fit as you get older. While WW does not offer a specific, “senior discount,” they do encourage older Americans to join by offering great weekly deals like 3 months free, free smart scale, or $10 per month. You can even get a special monthly rate if you are an active or retired teacher.
*Related: TurboTax Discount for AARP Members?
Thanks for stopping by Wonky Pie!