Who said that frittatas can’t be diet-friendly? This family breakfast or brunch favorite is made lighter with a combination of whole eggs and egg whites plus plenty of vegetables and seasonings.
It’s a great healthy breakfast recipe idea if you are on the Noom diet, and is 62% green. Here’s the vegetable frittata recipe, if you like it, please Pin it or even print it out.
Vegetable Skillet Frittata from Noom
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese reduced-fat
- Combine the cottage cheese, eggs, and egg whites in a blender or food processor. Pulse until very smooth. Set aside
- Bring the broth and onions to a boil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions soften
- Add the beans, broccoli, carrot, and garlic. Cover and continue cooking for 2 minutes or until broccoli is bright green
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the egg mixture and cheese.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until eggs are set
- Cut into wedges and serve
In case you haven’t heard of the Noom diet, it’s an app-based weight loss and wellness program that uses behavioral psychology healthy food choices for long-term weight loss. It also only costs about $1 per day, so it should fit into any budget.
You can get started with a free assessment and free trial offer below: