Great healthy breakfast recipe idea from Noom. Sweet, salty, and a little spicy (horseradish) make for an amazing combination of flavors.
If you are using Noom (free trial) for healthy weight loss, the best part of this recipe might be that it’s 90% green!
Here’s Noom’s recipe for sweet potato pancakes. If you enjoy it, please Pin or print it!
Sweet Potato Pancakes with Apple Horseradish Cream
- 12 oz sweet potato peeled and shredded
- 12 oz russet potato peeled and shredded
- 1 onion medium
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground back pepper
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo low fat
- 1/4 cup apple finely chopped
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish squeezed dry
- Preheat over to 200
- Combine sweet potato, russet potato, onion, egg, flour, salt and pepper
- Form the mixture into 24 patties approx 2 tbsp each and about 1.5" in diameter
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large nonstick skillet/med heat
- Add 12 pancakes and cook, turned once, for 7 min, or until golden and cooked through
- Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil and repeat
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, mayo, apple and horseradish. Mix well. Serve with the pancakes
Thanks for stopping by Wonky Pie!