South Beach Diet Cost: When searching for a diet that fits your lifestyle, price is an important consideration.
Even though meal-delivery diets replace most of the food you’re spending money on now, there are additional expenses to consider in addition to the monthly fee.
One of the most popular meal delivery diets is the South Beach Diet (review). Like Nutrisystem (review), the South Beach Diet is a popular weight loss program with busy people because of its convenience.
How much does the South Beach Diet actually cost? You can estimate that their plans cost women and men about $10-12 per day, ($70-85 per week) but you’ll also need to buy supplemental groceries each week. We breakdown the total daily, weekly, and monthly costs for you to help determine whether this program fits into your budget.
We’ve applied their featured 40-50% Off promotion to this pricing, and you can also get free food at checkout when you use a promo code! Here’s what you need to know about the cost of the South Beach Diet:
How Much Does the South Beach Diet Cost?
To calculate the total cost of The South Beach Diet, you have to add these two expenses:
- The cost of their program: South Beach has 3 plan levels, and you pay more for increased menu variety
- The expense of supplemental food: Although the prepared food that is delivered monthly is most of your meals, you still have to buy groceries and plan for several DIY meals each week. Remember, restaurant food will cost you more than cooking at home!
So, to estimate how much the South Beach Diet will cost you to join, let’s first look at the cost of the plan options:
1. Cost of South Beach Diet Plans: (Women, Men)
The foundation of The South Beach Diet is the monthly delivery of their pre-packaged, pre-portioned food. They offer 3 plan levels, with the main difference being that you’ll pay more for increased menu variety (including frozen foods).
Here are South Beach Diet’s 3 plan options with the costs per day, week, and month after their popular 40% off coupon has been applied: (updated 8/01/20)
Plan Pricing: WOMEN
- Silver Plan: $9.56/day, $267.68/month
- Gold Plan: $10.88/day, $76.16 per week $304.61/month
- Platinum Plan: $11.87/day, $332.30/month
Plan Pricing: MEN
- Silver Plan: $10.88/day, $304.61/month
- Gold Plan: $11.87/day, $83.09 per week, $332.30/month
- Platinum Plan: $12.86/day, $359.99/month
Why is the South Beach Diet more expensive for men? Men pay about $1 per day more to account for an extra daily snack. (View prices)
*Tip: The 40% off coupon is the best long-term promotion, as it locks-in the initial promotional rate forever. Other coupons may yield a lower price the first month or two, but your monthly bill will likely rise as soon as the promotional period ends!
2. Cost of Supplemental Food:
Are there additional expenses? While most of the cost of being on the South Beach Diet is the monthly food delivery, there are other expenses, too. Here are 3 additional expenses that you should consider:
- Groceries: You’ll be asked to supplement their meals with fresh fruits and vegetables from the grocery store. I would estimate these supplemental groceries to add an extra $5 per day to your food budget. (source)
- DIY Meals: Each week you have the flexibility to enjoy two DIY breakfasts, lunches, and dinners on your own. You can choose to cook these meals yourself, or dine out. Consider that the average meal cooked at home costs about $4, while the average restaurant meal costs about $13. (source)
- Optional Extras: During checkout you’ll have the option to add extras, such as vitamins or extra bars (10 for $20) and shakes (28 for $50). These are not necessary, and will increase your monthly bill.
Total Cost Per Month:
When you factor in all of the expenses listed above, the total monthly cost of the South Beach Diet is significantly more than the advertised price. Our estimate for the total cost of the South Beach Diet is:
- Women: $17/day, $125/week, $500/month
- Men: $18 per day, $135/week, $540/month
As you can see, being on the South Beach Diet is a substantial monthly expense. However, if the program works for your weight loss needs, it can be a good investment. So, how can you get the best price?
Get the Best Price: Use a Coupon!
If you want the best price, don’t just go to the SouthBeachDiet.com homepage and sign up! You can get a better deal with their 50% off promotion, and can often stack promo codes for extra free food:
Why the Cost of the South Beach Diet May Be Less Than You Think:
While it seems that meal delivery diets cost a lot, the price might actually be less than you think. That’s because the South Beach Diet replaces most of the meals that you are currently paying for, from the grocery store and at restaurants.
In fact, most people have no idea how much they are currently spending each month on food, and might be shocked to know.
App-based DIY diets like Weight Watchers and Noom might be great, but their cost is deceptively low because they don’t include any food.
For this reason, a DIY diet may end up costing significantly more than meal delivery, and require hours of meal preparation and portioning each week.
Most Meal-Delivery Diets Seem to Cost About the Same:
Monthly meal-delivery diets all seem to be in the $10-12 day ($300-350/month) range, which is where the South Beach Diet falls. Actually, it looks like South Beach is cheaper than Jenny Craig and within $1 per day of Nutrisystem. That’s no accident, as these commercial diets have done a lot of research to see how much people are willing to pay.
That monthly cost is significant for most people, so is there a cheaper way to follow the program?
Plans for women cost $268-332 per month after coupon.
The 50% off sale saves the most money long-term, plus you can use 2+ promo codes for free food at checkout!
Yes, you are asked to supplement their prepared food with some fresh groceries plus weekly DIY Meals of your own
Men’s plans include an extra daily snack and cost about $1 more per day
Is There a Cheaper Way to Follow the South Beach Diet?
Not interested prepared meals or committing to a big monthly payment? There’s a popular South Beach Diet book available for about $10 for do-it-yourselfers!
While no food is provided, this may be a better option for those who enjoy cooking, or wish to better understand the diet before making a significant financial commitment.
Tip: If you still want the convenience of meal delivery, consider Nutrisystem, which is slightly less expensive than South Beach.
Hopefully, you now have a better idea of the total cost of the South Beach diet, and whether it fits into your budget. If you do consider signing up, be sure to speak with your doctor first. If she agrees that it’s worth trying, be sure to use the 50% off coupon to get the best monthly price!
Thanks for stopping by Wonky Pie!