NordVPN is arguably the top name in VPNs (virtual private networks) but their pricing is a bit confusing. That’s because there are 3 subscription plan options, several billing options, and multiple promotions running concurrently. They also make it very hard to find the renewal pricing for how much you’ll be billed when any initial promotional rate ends.
How much is NordVPN? The cost of NordVPN depends on which promotion you sign up with plus plan choice and length. Choosing to pay monthly is relatively expensive, costing $12-14 per month while the 1-3 year promotions reduce the average cost to about $4-8 per month for up to the first 3 years. After the initial promotion ends all annual plans renew at the regular price of $100-199 per year.
Here is NordVPN pricing for monthly and 1-3 year plans plus the cost of annual renewal.
|3-Year Promo: |
(First 3 years)
|2-Year Promo: |
(First 2 years)
|$83.76 ($3.35/mo)||$107.76 ($4.31/mo)||$143.76 ($5.75/mo)|
|1-Year Promo: |
|$59.88 ($4.99/mo)||$71.88 ($5.99/mo)||$89.88 ($7.49/mo)|
As you can see, the monthly billing option requires the least commitment but costs a lot more per year. When the promotional pricing ends you’ll be billed at the higher renewal rate, so consider locking in the promotional rate for 2-3 years for the best savings.
- NordVPN plan pricing source: https://nordvpn.com/nordvpn-youtube/
- NordVPN 3-year plan cost source: https://nordvpn.com/coupon/
- NordVPN renewal cost source: https://my.nordaccount.com/legal/pricing/
- International pricing including UK, Canada, and Australia posted here
Is NordVPN Worth It?
A VPN keeps your online activities anonymous and secure by encrypting your data. A VPN also provides malware protection, access to blocked content, and hides your IP address. However, all VPNs are not equal. NordVPN is consistently rated as one of the best VPN services, and the monthly cost of NordVPN is consistent with other leading brands.
Here are our top5 reasons why NordVPN is worth the cost of as little as $3 per month:
- Protects your online privacy: A VPN from NordVPN encrypts your internet traffic and hides your IP address, which makes it difficult for anyone to monitor your online activities. This protects your privacy from hackers, your internet service provider (ISP), or even the government.
- Access geo-restricted content: Many websites and streaming services limit access to their content based on your location. With NordVPN, you can change your IP address to make it appear as if you are located in a different country, allowing you to access geo-restricted content that would otherwise be unavailable.
- Safe public Wi-Fi: Public Wi-Fi networks are often unsecured, making it easy for hackers to intercept your internet traffic. With NordVPN, your internet traffic is encrypted, which makes it much more difficult for hackers to access your personal information.
- Enhanced online security: A VPN can help protect you against various cyber threats such as phishing attacks, malware, and ransomware. By encrypting your internet traffic, a VPN adds an extra layer of security to your online activities.
- Cost-effective: The cost of a NordVPN subscription is relatively low compared to the potential risks associated with not using one. With a VPN from NordVPN, you can protect your online privacy, access geo-restricted content, and enhance your online security without breaking the bank at as little as $36 per year.
NordVPN has 3 plan options with different pricing: Standard, Plus, and Complete. Whether or not a VPN is worth the cost depends on your individual privacy and security needs plus your budget. While a NordVPN subscription does cost money, they have coupons, a free trial, and even a student discount. We don’t recommend second-rate or free VPNs because they often collect your data or provide inferior service.
Do you use public WIFI, send or receive sensitive data, or wish to remain anonymous online? If so, NordVPN might be a good investment and worth the $10 or so price per month.
If you do subscribe to NordVPN I hope we were able to clarify pricing and get you the best possible savings. Thanks for stopping by Wonky Pie!