Sun Basket has a great variety of healthy, fresh, organic recipes including some Mexican recipes that you may have never heard of. The Sun Basket Chilaquiles with fried eggs recipe is one of those that you can bookmark and look forward to making again in the future.
Red, white and green chilaquiles… Hey, aren’t those the colors of the Mexican flag?!
This Chilaquiles recipe has actually become a customer favorite, so if you do join Sun Basket (coupons) keep your eye out to see if it’s available!
While the Sun Basket meal kit includes tomatillo simmer sauce, you can make your own (recipe) or buy some in a bottle if making this Chilaquiles recipe on your own in the future to save on the cost. Anyway, here’s the recipe, so, if you like it, please share it!
Chilaquiles w/ Fried Egg Recipe:
Chilaquiles w/ Fried Eggs Recipe
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 9 oz. tortilla chips
- 4-5 sprigs cilantro
- 1/4 cup Greek yogort
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese shredded
- 1 lime
- Sun Basket salsa roja
Make the Chilaquiles
- Peel and coarsely chop onion. Then, finely chop 1/4 cup and set aside for garnish
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the coarsely chopped onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatillo simmer sauce base and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the tortilla chips and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lime yogurt and cilantro.
Make the Lime Yogurt + Prep the Cilantro
- Zest and juice one lime, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, lime zest, and 1 teaspoon (2 tsp) lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Fry the Eggs
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons butter or oil (from your pantry) until hot but not smoking.
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the whites have set and the yolks are slightly runny, 2 to 3 minutes. For firmer yolks, cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Serve the Chilaquiles!
- Transfer the chilaquiles to individual plates. Top with the eggs and sprinkle with the shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Garnish with the salsa roja, lime yogurt, cilantro, and finely chopped onion and serve.
Bookmark Your Favorite Sun Basket Recipes (Like Chilaquiles?!)
Meal delivery kits are a great way to try out new recipes. In this case, I didn’t even know what chilaquiles were, but now we have a fun taco-alternative that is pretty simple to make. In fact, after enjoying a Sun Basket meal kit recipe, you can often recreate it on your own in the future, so no need to wait until it’s available on your Sun Basket menu.
If you aren’t a Sun Basket customer yet and thinking of joining, check out their featured offer below!
Want to try other meal kits? We also have great coupons for Home Chef and Purple Carrot (vegan).
If you’re looking to live a healthier lifestyle and maybe lose a few pounds, there’s a free trial for Noom this month.
Thanks for dropping by Wonky Pie!
Last Updated on October 26, 2020 by kevin