Looking for a healthy alternative to french fries? There’s a lot you can do with potatoes, and there’s no reason for them to bust your daily points budget! In fact, the recipe costs only 4 SmartPoints, and if you’re on myWW Purple, it’s worth zero points.
Here’s today’s best signup deal plus a simple, quick, and super-cheap recipe for spicy potato sticks from Weight Watchers:
Spicy Potato Sticks Recipe: (From Weight Watchers)
WW Spicy Potato Sticks
- 2-3 Potatoes large, baking variety, rinsed & cut into thin strips
- 2 egg whites large, lightly beaten
- 3/4 tsp sea salt or table salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Spray a large nonstick baking sheet with canola oil nonstick spray
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat. Transfer to the baking sheet and arrange in a single layer
- Bake until the potatoes are barely tender, about 15 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to broil and broil 5 inches from the heat until crispy, about 10 minutes longer
- Yield about 1 cup per serving
Tip: Ketchup often has high-fructose corn syrup as a top ingredient. Look for something healthier, like Heinz Simple. It still tastes great without the added sugar! If you like spicy, mix ketchup with a little sriracha for dipping!
This is a go-to side dish in our house because of how simple and cheap it is to make. Consider that a 5-pound bag of potatoes will cost you less than $4, and you can estimate that the ingredients for this spicy potato sticks appetizer or side only cost about $1 or so.
Tip: This is a great recipe to try in an air fryer! Also, consider dipping in Ranch dressing, but it will cost you 1 extra SmartPoint
Have you joined WW yet? If not, we have a great sign-up promotion below, plus more WW coupons here!
Thanks for stopping by Wonky Pie!